HW: tour

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Wed Sep 22 21:27:47 EDT 2004

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 16:46:51 +0200, Henderson Keith
<keith.henderson at PSI.CH> wrote:

>BTW, he mentioned that *perhaps* Arthur Brown would be back to do
>some of these late 2004 shows,

I'd hope that Arthur would show up to support the album he's on!

>but when we asked about Simon House he said pretty much 'No chance.'

:^(   :^(   :^(

>Can't remember, but I think Tim
>Blake was a 'maybe'.  But anyway, I think I'd like to see Cap'n Black
>turn up again (hint), based on a recent discussion here that seemed
>to suggest that he has some of Tim's old equipment.  And so that
>explains my experience (as I remember it) at Hawkfest '03 and how
>impressed I was by the return of the Blake synth sound to HW (which
>I attributed then to Blake, who was there on stage).  Whereas it now
>seems to be the case that the other guy over there crammed onto the
>stage left area (who I wasn't paying much attention to, 'cause I didn't
>know who he was then), was the *real* Blake sound, aka our own Keith
>Kniveton.  Since then, I haven't seen him play with HW, and now I
>would like to see that rectified on this next trip to the UK.  Any
>word from the horse's mouth?  Are you going to play on this tour,
>Cap'n Black?

Please add my name to the "Get Keith Kniveton playing with Hawkwind again
at whatever the cost" petition.  There is absolutely NO COMPARISON between
his work on 'Yule Ritual' & 'Canterbury 2001' as compared to Tim
on 'Spaced Out' & 'Out of the Shadows'.  Hawkwind need someone who can
properly operate an EMS Synthi as badly as they need Dave Brock & a
kickass rhythm section (at least they have both of those covered); even
more than they need a frontman, a lead guitarist, or even (though it pains
me to say it) Simon House on violin.  IMHO anyway ...

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com