OFF: sappy prog

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Thu Sep 23 05:07:16 EDT 2004

On 22/09/2004 20:56, Tom Clark wrote:
> So, having said that, I'll even admit now that I happen to like a couple of
> ABBA songs.

I remember there was an joke going around a few years back about a whole
bunch of doom metal/stoner rock bands making an ABBA tribute album that
was going to be called BLACK ABBA.  I thought that was a hysterial idea
:) and have been vaguely kicking around the idea of doing a sludgefest
ABBA cover, though I haven't decided which song would work best.  Having
heard Richard Thompson's acoustic version of "Money Money Money", I bet
that would work oretty well heavied up, though I've spent more time
musing over how to rearrange "Super Trouper", since that's such a great
"stoner rock" style title :)

> I wouldn't have been caught dead admitting when I was a kid.
> Barry Manilow, on the other hand, makes me cringe, though I do know people
> who actually "like" Barry Manilow music, which does make me sort of laugh
> inside.  How's that for contradictions!

But how can one not like "Copacabana"!?  Especially after a "copa" or two :)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson