BOC-L Digest - 9 Sep 2004 to 10 Sep 2004 (#2004-223)

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Thu Sep 23 07:06:13 EDT 2004

On 22/09/2004 18:24, Brian Halligan wrote:
> If any of it ends up as good as "Wolf at the Door", you should offer it
> to the list. I kept that tune on my MP3.com station for ages.

Cool!  Ah, if only I still knew where the master tapes for those
recordings went ....  I could re-record a new version all easily enough
at home, which would probably sound less like an MP3 pulled from a grimy
lo-fi cassette, but my drum programming would never match Larry's real
playing (RIP).

But, yeah, any semi-listenable music I work on will find its way to my
web site in one form or another.

And I keep thinking that these days it's pretty cheap and easy for
anyone with a relatively solid computer and fast internet connection to
record their guitar or vocal or kazoo and pass it on to other people for
mixing with other things.  The virtual jam session, so to speak :)  I'm
hoping the day is about here when all those closet musicians scattered
across the globe can get out of the basement and, if not actually onto
the stage, and least in the same virtual, diachronic rehearsal room :)
Then if I knew someone in Katmandu with a great waterfowl-saxophone
tone, I could try to get them to contribute a part to some spacerock
extravaganza or the other that I was working on :)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson