HW: What's Happenin' Where is everyone?

Thu Sep 23 09:01:19 EDT 2004

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004, John Majka wrote:

> I'd have to agree that Harvey's playing was an absolutely amazing
> thing during his last few years with Hawkwind.  He makes Tim Blake
> seem completely inept by comparison.  In my fantasy line-up, Harvey
> would be on keyboards and Huw would be on lead guitar, in addition to
> the trio of Brock, Davey, and Chadwick. John Majka

        I agree entirely. Harvey's keyboard sound is the keyboard sound
for Hawkwind in my head. I suppose Dave's synths have a role too but once
you've got Harvey and Keith K. in there (since he is also as so many
people are so rightly saying essential in the ideal world of HW) I find it
hard to see where. Huw also the ideal lead guitar as his style is so
different to Dave's. Simon would also be good of course but we can't have
everything. and I've seen bloody good HW gigs both with and without
him. Mind you the same could be said of everyone bar Dave and Richard.

        The place for Tim Blake in matters Hawk, as I've said many times,
is in a techno side-project with Dave and Richard :-) Yours,
                                                             Jon

ObCD: The Heads - _Everybody Knows We Got Nowhere_
--
                Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College, London
    jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk/ejarr01 at students.bbk.ac.uk
  "As much as the vision of the blind man improves with the rising sun,
       So too does the intelligence of the fool after good advice."
       (Bishop Theodulf of Orleans, late-eight/early-ninth century)