BOC-L Digest - 9 Sep 2004 to 10 Sep 2004 (#2004-223)

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Fri Sep 24 04:56:52 EDT 2004

On 23/09/2004 21:07, Doug Pearson wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 13:05:37 -0400, Stephan Forstner
> <stemfors at PIPELINE.COM> wrote:
>>On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 12:06:13 +0100, Carl Edlund Anderson <cea at CARLAZ.COM>
>>wrote:
>>>And I keep thinking that these days it's pretty cheap and easy for
>>>anyone with a relatively solid computer and fast internet connection to
>>>record their guitar or vocal or kazoo and pass it on to other people for
>>>mixing with other things.  The virtual jam session, so to speak :)
>>
>>I believe this more or less describes the modus operandi of the Spirits
>>Burning project on their 2 albums.
>
> Pretty much,

Cool!  Checked out their web site and they've certainly got a bunch of
cool people aboard :)

> except that the collaboration was done the lo-tech way
> (postal mail, not Internet).  Apparently Judge Trev sent his contributions
> on a decaying cassette tape that disintegrated immediately after the first
> playback, which was fortunately sufficient to get his guitar tracks loaded
> into the DAW for mixing/assemblage.

Yeeesssssss .... ;)

Well, snail mail sounds to much like work to me :)  I'm too much the
time-strapped home hobbyist, and I've got my work cut out just to record
a guitar part, let alone put it on decaying cassettes and taking it to
the post office ;)  Actually, I don't have a way of playing or recording
on cassette anyway at the moment!

Cheers,
Carl

--