HW: tour

CWarburton at OAG.COM CWarburton at OAG.COM
Fri Sep 24 05:53:25 EDT 2004

Henderson Keith <keith.henderson at PSI.CH> wrote:

>(Hmmm...this message was rejected due to the subject heading, that
>the LISTSERV thought was some sort of admin. message...Odd.  Anyway
>the subject header is now here at the top, and I put something more
>innocuous in the true subject line.)

Funny stuff going on mayhap... I didn't get the day's digest, so I'm
just catching up through the archive.

Rich wrote:

>Damn Straight. If I had to choose 3 stone circles to visit. Callanish,
>Avebury, and Castlerigg would be my choice.  Callanish is fantastic I
would
>recommend anyone to take the time and go there.  And the missing trees
are
>weird, the Orkneys are the same, it takes a while to figure out what's
>wrong with the picture.

Yup, very strange. I haven't done Avebury & Castlerigg yet.  I keep
promising myself that I'll do the latter when heading South from my
friends in Dumfries, but I'm always
A) behind schedule
&
B) going somewher else en route

I'll get Orkney & Shetland in SOME time *sigh*

>And if any one of these stone circles was in the region between
>Liverpool and London, that would be cool as well.  (Of course, I had
>thought to stop at Stonehenge if I were to go to Exeter.)

There's the Nine Ladies on Stanton Moor in North Derbyshire (near
Buxton) - and that's a possible "last chance to see" because they're
under serious threat from extension of quarrying in the neighbourhood.
Also, not too far way, just off the A515 between Buxton & Ashbourne is
Arbor Low.

Byeee
Chrisw
(ObCD - Tartan Amoebas)
NOTICE: This e-mail is intended for the named recipient(s). It may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not one of the intended recipients, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail and attachment(s): you must not copy, distribute, retain or take any action in reliance upon the email or attachment(s). While all reasonable efforts are made to safeguard inbound and outbound e-mails, OAG Worldwide Ltd and its affiliate companies cannot guarantee that attachments are virus-free or are compatible with your systems, and does not accept liability in respect of viruses or computer problems experienced. Thank you.