BOC: 09-24-2004 Clifton Park Review and Pic link

Mike Montfort mikemont at NYCAP.RR.COM
Sat Sep 25 11:52:06 EDT 2004

Myself and a few hundred of the faithful saw the boys last night at their
annual visit to Northern Lights in Clifton Park.  The concert was a big
success, the crowd very appreciative. All age ranges were in attendance as
usual. It is possibly the loudest concert I've been at in many years
however, not helped by the fact that I saw it from standing in front of the
stage.  In contrast I stood in the exact same spot for a band called STS9 a
week earlier and had no appreciable "tinnyness" that night or the next day.
This am my ears are still ringing......

The boys were dressed in their usual fashion, mostly black.  Buck of course
came out in a jacket and that was gone fairly quickly.  The new bass player
is really good, and his solo was excellent as was Bobby's of course.  Eric
was wearing a black "baseball" jersey open in the front, with the word
Klingon across the front and the Klingon symbol on the sleeve. Alan was in a
"moon" T-Shirt.

There were three T's available at the table, a dark maroon 2004 tour shirt a
dark gray "1978" tour shirt and a non specific black shirt that just said
the words Blue Oyster Cult several times down the back.  I got the 2004 and
1978 shirts, and I have no idea if the 1978 shirts were really from that
tour, reprints of that tour shirt or just something they made up for the
hell of it.  The 2004 shirt did not have this tour stop, though it did have
dates so I'm wondering if the CP gig was not originally planned for Sept.
(Our date would have been btw the Glenside PA and Hampton Beach NH dates)

The set list had a couple of nice surprises: Shooting Shark and an encore of
Black Blade, but overall it was a greatest hits set and there was nothing
from the last two albums, which surprised the hell out of me.  As you all
know I'm lousy with set lists and song names.

However there was a very funny incident during one of the songs.  Buck was
doing one of his solo's and his white "Swiss cheese" guitar just cut out!
Once he figured it out, he pointed to the equipment guy which amp was not
working.  (I still don't know what caused the problem, the guitar never
returned to the stage).  However in typical Buck comic fashion he started
really screwing around for the people at the front of the stage doing all
sorts of silly "air guitar" things with his guitar knowing there was no
sound coming out of it. On his knees, behind his back etc.

Then Eric gave him the black Cross guitar to play. I know I've never seen
him play that guitar.

Otherwise the show was fairly standard, although full of energy.  Alan
played mostly guitars again, and cranked it out in his parts especially the
last days of may.

I snuck my digital camera into the show and the pictures are available on
the following link:

http://www.mikemontfort.com/BOCWeb/index.htm

As always if you wish to save the pics to your HD feel free to do so,
however please don't use them on any other website without crediting me as
the photographer.

Michael Corwyn Montfort, esq.

http://corwyn.blogspot.com
the blog
http://www.mikemontfort.com
the website
We are not going to be afraid to stand up
for what we believe in ever again.
We are not going to let those who disagree with us
 shout us down under a banner of false patriotism.

-- Howard Dean at the Democratic Convention