HW: chords (FAO Starfarer)

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue Sep 28 16:47:09 EDT 2004

Hi,

Last night I was in the studio, messing around with a bunch of Hawkwind
songs on keys, and came up with a few songs that don't already have their
chords on the Starfarer site (since some of them are instrumentals; a
couple songs are missing chords for instrumental bridges on the website,
so I've listed a those, too), so I thought I'd share my findings (as
always, corrections/clarifications are most welcome!).  I'm too lazy to
type lyrics, so I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader to determine
the rhythms ...

Seeing It As You Really Are:
main riff: G-A
end: G-F-(E)

Wind of Change:
Am-G-F-E

Gremlin I:
piano arpegio: Em
piano+synth intro: Am-C-D-Em (x2) B-Em-Am-D (x2) Em
synth midsection: mostly E octaves with the occasional D
final piano part: D-G-A-D-G-C-D-Em  (some of these only sound right with
the correct chord inversion, so I could be wrong about some)

Gremlin II:
noise part: starts on F ... up chromatically to D ... stays around D & Eb
melodic part: Cm-Ab-Bb-G-Eb-Fm-G

Reefer Madness:
instrumental starts by holding A (synth solo)
instrumental/speech riff: D-C and/or D-Am  (or maybe D-C6 or D-Am7)
(the rest looks correct)

City of Lagoons:
main riff: E-D9 (repeated)
chorus (for lack of better term): C-Bm

Chronoglide Skyway:
main riff: C-Bb (repeated) then Gb-Ab-Bb-C to resolve
later, the bass line is C-D-E-F, so the main riff would be written as:
C-Bb/D-C/E-Bb/F

Jack of Shadows (I think this is in the wrong key on the Starfarer site):
verses: A-G-C-D
choruses: E-F-D(x2) E-F-G A-G-E-D-C-G-A
instrumental bridge: C-D-Bb-C-Am-Bb-Em-F (missing from Starfarer site)
outro: A-G-E-D-C-G-A (like end of chorus)

Psi Power:
instrumental bridge (keyboard solo): Bb-C
(everything else looks correct)

Valium Ten:
instrumental bridge (organ chords): E-D-E-A-G
(again, everything else looks correct)

Have fun (I did!) ...

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com