HW: chords (FAO Starfarer)

Steve Youles youless at COX.NET
Wed Sep 29 02:06:48 EDT 2004

Hi Doug

Thanks for the suggestions and corrections!

Generally I haven't bothered with trying to represent instrumentals...as
I'm not really providing tablature, just lyrics & chords, you kind of
*have* to have lyrics in there to show exactly where to place the chords :-
)  Without writing out proper tablature I wouldn't know how else to
represent the rhymthic nature of an instrumental.

I've also largely focussed on the guitar parts and not those played by any
other instruments.

And you are quite right about the fact that I've put Jack of Shadows in the
wrong key.  (Apologies, everyone.)  I know exactly how this happened.
We've come across this phenomenon before of vinyl albums and CD's not
having the same pitch.  With the PXR5 album, the CD does have the verse as
A-G-C-D.  However the vinyl is Bb-Ab-Db-Eb, not a very guitar friendly
key.  I obviously listened to the vinyl when figuring out the chords and
transposed the song by a half-step; but in the wrong direction.  I
sharpened it (the same as many UA-era recordings have to be sharpened from
Eb to E to make them guitar-friendly) instead of making it a half-step
flatter.  So I'll change this on the site :-)

Minor quibbles aside, the only other thing where I would disagree with you
is on 'Seeing It As You Really Are', which I think has a main riff of
F#....... E....... and a final chord of Eb lasting from 10:16 through to
the end of the song at around 10:41

Does anyone know the words that were sung to this on the Space Ritual
encore version?  (It forms the coda to 'You Shouldn't Do That')

Cheers

Steve

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 16:47:09 -0400, Doug Pearson <jasret at MINDSPRING.COM>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Last night I was in the studio, messing around with a bunch of Hawkwind
>songs on keys, and came up with a few songs that don't already have their
>chords on the Starfarer site (since some of them are instrumentals; a
>couple songs are missing chords for instrumental bridges on the website,
>so I've listed a those, too), so I thought I'd share my findings (as
>always, corrections/clarifications are most welcome!).  I'm too lazy to
>type lyrics, so I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader to determine
>the rhythms ...

(snip)