HW: Tickets for the UK shows...

Henderson Keith keith.henderson at PSI.CH
Fri Apr 1 14:10:06 EST 2005

Hey Folks...

Um...previous tours I've been able to purchase tickets on the web and have
them left for me at the venue (I *would* say 'will call' but my experience
at the Astoria last year tells me that nobody in the UK knows what this
expression means...don't know what you call the window where pre-purchased
tickets are retrieved, but in the US, this is it).

Anyway, it seems that for at least the Mi'ilsbro' Wolver'ampton and
Nott'n'hm shows, according to the links given at hawkwind.com, I have only
the option of having tickets sent by mail.  Which is rather difficult at the
moment for me, because I don't have an actual address anymore.  As of today
in fact, I'm effectively homeless and will remain so for the next four
months.  Ticketweb allowed me to choose the pick-up option, but they're only
handling the Sheffield show.

So...does anybody have any suggestions about how I could pre-order tickets
for these three shows?  I have no idea how large any of these halls are, so
I have no idea to judge whether sell outs are possible/likely.  Usually I
like to have the tickets 'in hand' (even if only in a virtual sense, ie., at
the venue) if I'm going to be traveling all that way for the shows.

Is anybody else going to be ordering tickets for all of these shows by any
chance, and could order an extra one (each) for me, and meet me at the first
show (Middlesbrough)?  Or does anybody actually live in the area around
Newcastle (or points immediately south), and I could order them myself and
use your address to have them mailed (as long as that doesn't invalidate my
cc order, 'cause I don't actually live there...I'll have to see if that will
even work).

Anyway, thanks for any ideas.

Grakkl (FAA)

P.S.  I'm learning that it's difficult to not 'live anywhere.'  Every time
you try to do *anything* (esp. get health insurance*), you have to give
somebody your address, and not having one makes people look at you funny and
then make you explain what the heck you're trying to pull.  It was bad
enough not having a phone...

*finally made that happen!