OFF: Spacious Mind/Moonshake Festival

Stephan Forstner stemfors at PIPELINE.COM
Sat Apr 2 15:37:45 EST 2005

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 10:15:44 -0800, Keith Henderson <khenders64 at YAHOO.COM>
wrote:

>So, Avarus is a band that people on the krautrock list
>are suggesting is really cool.  I'm planning to pick
>up one of their CDs if I can find a way.  Anybody here
>have anything to say about them?

Most of their material is a loose, somewhat free-form, acousticky-sounding
folk-shaman-noise type of thing, I would categorise it in with the likes of
No Neck Blues Band and Sunburned Hand of the Man. All these guys can make
Amon Duul I sound composed/structured/accessible, so tho I like em I'm not
sure I would recommend them without a prior listen to test the waters.
Avarus does have at least one release of electric space-rock which is
really great, like an early Hawkwind repetitive jam. aquariusrecords.org
has plenty of samples, enough to give a good idea.

Stephan

P.S. which krautrock list?