Festivals - info wanted

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Thu Apr 7 11:33:33 EDT 2005

Well, we tried and failed to get tickets for Glasters. We've pretty much
written it off as a shambles. A shame after a quarter century of
attendance but there it is.

So where to go instead? We enjoyed the vibe of Burg herzberg last year
but probably won't travel that far without Hawkwind/Nektar/Eloy or
similar as a draw. Ideally we'd like a festival smaller than Glastonbury
which has camping, market stalls/food/real ale, and has something else
to do apart from just music - say comedy/crafts/wack stuff and if
possible stalls like the politics/alternative energy ones at the Green
Fields in Glastonbury. Preferably wherever we end up, it won't have a
ban on campfires, or at least will offer large communal fires to warm
the tootsies by. Musicwise it's preferably spacerock/progressive/hippie
or electronic (though more Euro than dance). Folks or country definitely
not preferred. A laiback vibe rather than a frantic one is a marked plus.

A quick perusal of efestivals seems to mark out Guilfest and Wickerman.
Has anyone been to either or knows anyone who has? Comments? Are there
other festivals we ought to consider?

No sign of Hawkwind at Pentrich? They usually do every second year don't
they?

FoFP