OFF: dr. who

Ted Jackson Tjackson at SYR.EDU
Thu Apr 7 15:22:57 EDT 2005

>>> jasret at MINDSPRING.COM 4/7/2005 3:04:03 PM >>>
On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 10:43:38 +0100, M Holmes <fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK>
wrote:

>Jon Jarrett writes:
>
>[Jerry Cornelius on TV...]
>
>> Which'd be kind of a shame as it'd likely
>> omit the incest, drug abuse, bisexuality and orbits round
characters
>> with prejudices you couldn't screen nowadays which make the whole
>> thing, well,

The prejudice/rascism thing would probably be the most difficult thing
get on tv these days, I think (although I wonder if anyone in the US
even
knows that "wog" is a rascist term ... or what it originally stood
for).

Uh, is it "Westernized 'Oriental' Gentleman?"

I think there's an even more racist meaning for "wog," isn't there?

theo