OFF: Porcupine Tree

Wed Apr 13 16:08:30 EDT 2005

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005, Tony wrote:

> When did the Boatrace in Cambridge close?  I used to go there a fair bit
> when I lived in Cambridge!

        January, sad sad tale. The brewery decided they were going to
refurbish it, and the landlord, who'd been behind its music scene for the
last few years, asked them to confirm they'd be reopening it as a
venue. They wouldn't, so he decided the gig was up, quite literally, and
emigrated to see if he and his girlfriend in California actually could
make a go of it. That may be the only good thing that's come out of the
whole shebang. It's now a "bar & kitchen" called The Vine. There's light
in it, it's all wrong.

> Didn't PT just play The Junction?

        Damn, yes, it looks as if they did. Oh well, serve me right for
being ignorant and them for not postering anywhere. Actually that should
have been on the regular posters where I'd see it. How odd. Oh
well. Yours,
             Jon

ObCD: Satellite Circle - _Satellite Circle_
--
                Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College, London
    jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk/ejarr01 at students.bbk.ac.uk
  "As much as the vision of the blind man improves with the rising sun,
       So too does the intelligence of the fool after good advice."
       (Bishop Theodulf of Orleans, late-eight/early-ninth century)