more dodgy CD's?

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Thu Apr 14 16:32:39 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 21:02 +0100, Colin J Allen wrote:
> and, unfortunately, nobody appears to be policing it.  Makes you wonder.

Do you mean the current VeRO representative for Hawkwind is not
contacting eBay to have the auctions removed, or that the VeRO
representative is oblivious to the existence of the dodgy CDs?

I know that, in a sense, we on here partially police the situation
inasmuch as we tend to discover and mention on BOC-L when dodgy auctions
related to the band crop up on eBay.  (This happens a lot on other music
mailing lists.)  But, I guess, that doesn't necessarily mean the
information gets to someone who can do something about it.  Is there a
"report a dodgy eBay auction" link on the official Hawkwind Web site,
should someone feel inclined to do their Hawkwind civic duty?  Do the
band even want such reports?

Makes you wonder.

Cheers,

Paul.