more dodgy CD's?

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Thu Apr 14 16:37:34 EDT 2005

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 20:01:10 +0100, Michael Crook <m.j.crook at TALK21.COM>
wrote:

>The live bonus tracks on the dodgy "new" Hawklords
>CDs on EBay are live versions of "Who's Gonna Win the
>War" and "Drug Cabinet Key" which is of course "Flying
>Doctor". There are loads of these on Ebay - very
>naughty!!

Interesting (good) picks, since "Drug Cabinet Key" has never been released
on CD, nor has the single edit version of "Who's Gonna Win The War"
(Hawklords version on Flicknife, not the Hawkwind version on Bronze).

I wonder if one can tell whether those two tracks were mastered from vinyl
(given the quality of Flicknife vinyl pressings, it would be *very*
difficult, if not impossible, to clean up such a track enough to make it
unrecognizably vinyl-sourced) ... or not (which would definitely be
interesting) ...

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com