more dodgy CD's?

Rich cosmicdolphin at COMCAST.NET
Fri Apr 15 17:48:44 EDT 2005

I'm sure I  didn't mean to diminish Neo-Quarks efforts/passion.

Just that the police force comment was a bit strong ;-)in the original post.

Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List
[mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET]On Behalf Of Ian Abrahams
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2005 4:06 PM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: more dodgy CD's?

Rich,

Bootlegs were sold at fairs long before neo-quark (and Camden used to be
full of them on a Saturday morning) - it wasn't any reflection on the
internet trading - these shows would be have been around anyway., Neo-Quark
had a passion for the music equalled by its passion for ensuring the band
didn't get ripped off - that isn't diminished by not being able to police
every music fair stall. Hawkwind, for no tangible gain, decided that unlike
a lot of bands of their level they would be anti-trading but IMHO they
haven't gained anything (where is that elusive deal?) but they've lost some
goodwill. Perfecty within their rights, quite a proper thing to do if they
so desire - but at the stage in the game that they are at, somewhat hard to
reconcile really with the good efforts made on the band's behalf.

Ian