more dodgy CD's?

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Apr 15 19:43:42 EDT 2005

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:10:32 -0400, Paul Mather <paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU>
wrote:

>If anything, neo-quark was competition for the
>bootleggers: it provided equivalent "product" for next to nothing.  It
>lessened the chance that a fan would be disappointed at being ripped off
>having paid a lot for a "rare Hawkwind release."

Remember the cassete-skull-and-crossbones logo "Home taping is killing the
music industry" public service adverts?  I want to see one with a CD-skull-
and-crossbones logo that says, "Home CD recording is killing the bootleg
industry".  Certainly they're the ones who stand to lose the most from the
free exchange of non-officially-released audience recordings.

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com