Hakwind prices on Ebay

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Wed Apr 20 14:21:54 EDT 2005

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 11:30:37 +0100, M Holmes <fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK>
wrote:

>Stephen Swann writes:
>> This reminds me, I recently picked up a strange,
>> possibly bootleggy thing which is the Hawklords "25
>> Years On" album, plus a couple of live tracks ...
>>
>> It has the 8 tracks of the original release,
>> plus these two live tracks:
>>  9. Who's Gonna Win The War 5:54
>>     (Brock)
>> 10. Drug Cabinet Key 6:06
>>     (Brock/Calvert)
>
>Any idea which tracks from the Codex these are?

I'd have to believe that "Drug Cabinet Key" is the same version as on the
withdrawn Weird Tape and F&R vol.3.  Which has never been released on CD,
so if *that* track does not sound ripped-from-vinyl, then there's
something fishy going on ...

And it would make the most sense that "Who's Gonna Win The War" is version
1 in the Codex, and definitely not 1c (the Flicknife single edit, which is
less than 5 minutes long).  It could have easily been taken from the
Flicknife F&R or Independent Daze CD's, or from the Weird CD's on
Voiceprint.

>Is there a source I can find the Rock Fever stuff without bidding on
>Ebay?

With most eBay auctions, isn't there a contact-the-seller feature?  I'm
sure that whoever is auctioning them has a reasonable stock.

And for that matter, are there any German Hawkfans on the list near
Hamburg?  (I think Bernhard is the closest I know of, and he's not that
close.)

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com