more dodgy CD's?

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Thu Apr 21 12:57:05 EDT 2005

On 21/04/2005 17:38, Jon Jarrett wrote:
> But by then perhaps the
> miracle deal will have come together, the back catalogue will be scheduled
> for rerelease and all will be right with the world.

Also, monkeys will depart my nether regions for the skies on silver
machines ;)

>         This is why some responses from the band about such things would
> sometimes be useful. I'm sure there's lots of people here who would prefer
> not to buy these things if they're not actually contributing to the band
> and there's a version that will in the works; likewise, if they are
> straight bootlegs we would probably all avoid them. But it's possible that
> they could be somewhere in the legal mess in the middle in which case I
> think it's fair enough that the fans get them and the band recover their
> earnings from "Rock Fever" whoever they may be. Or is that too
> mercenary?

Personally, if it were my band, I would say: "Hell, why pay money for
stuff that is not only illegit but doesn't even support the band, past
or present.  Given the legal complications the gods alone know whether
this will get sorted properly, so why not just burn free copies for your
friends."  That's what I would say, if it were my band.  Which it isn't :)

Honestly, it'd be nice to see the people who worked on soemthing get
paid for their work, and it'd be nice to see people able to buy things
they want in a legit way.  But as is well known, if people can't buy
things properly, they'll sure as hell find a way to buy them improperly!
  IMO, the best that one could do in the meantime is undercut the
bootleggers with free stuff. IMO.

Cheers,
Carl

--