HW: Litmus Gig

David Kuznick dkuznick at ALUMNI.BRANDEIS.EDU
Thu Apr 21 15:44:54 EDT 2005

Quoting Jon Jarrett <jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK>:

>         "They were supporting the David Cross Band, which on due
> inspection appears to be a young band gathered around the man who played
> violin on King Crimson's _Larks Tongues in Aspic_. He himself was very
> good, if somewhat damaged in my estimation by the same thing that every
> rock violinist except Simon House is, to wit that he wasn't Simon House,
> but you could usually hardly hear him when the band was going,

Ironically enough, that's pretty much why he and King Crimson parted ways in the
first place; he was fighting to be heard over the other guys, who were getting
heavier and heavier and louder and louder, especially John Wetton's bass.
Robert Fripp details this in the booklet that accompanies the Great Deceiver
boxset and I think there's also info in The Nightwatch booklet, IIRC.

--
David Kuznick   dkuznickATalumni.brandeis.edu
"You should have seen the curse that flew right by you