ATTN HW-Bootlegs on Ebay

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Mon Aug 1 04:58:10 EDT 2005

On 31/07/2005 23:58, Tim wrote:
> Of course, there wouldn't be a market for these if the band sold &/or allowed downloads of live concert mp3s on their website; it seems to be showing up more often (even metallica!), and seems like a way for people to get hold of concerts they couldn't go to.

Of course, Metallica always allowed audience taping, too, to the best of
my recollection ....

Soundboard download sales (actually, I'm assuming these things aren't
real soundboard recordings, but are at least slightly remixed) are great
not just for concerts you couldn't go to, but souvenirs of the ones you
did go to :)  I bought the muletracks.com download of the Gov't Mule gig
I went to in London back in April -- and that's after having downloaded
a legal fan-taped copy for free already.

I would guess that concert download sales are pretty high margin in
comparison to CD releases -- no doubt that the Hawks are missing out on
here.  Anyway, it already feels like the days of the CD are numbered,
doesn't it?

Cheers,
Carl

--