NIK - Space Ritual

Mon Aug 1 14:40:44 EDT 2005

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005, Paul Mather wrote:

> If I had any idea what Brock Ltd. sounded like these days, I might agree
> with you.  (Stupid trading policy eliminates any chance of that,
> though.)  Sure, there have been some glowing reviews lately, but I've
> learnt over the years that a lot of hyperbole passes across this list[*]
> regarding gigs, so it's best to take things with a handful of salt
> before slapping down the $1000... :-)
>
> [*] Though I have found the esteemed Mr. Jarrett to be brutally reliable
> a lot of the time.

        Brutal, yes, but don't assume I'm reliable until you see the same
gig :-) I think I may well have stupidly high standards. I blame the
Hawkwind of 1996 and 2001 for setting them. And also Bedouin and
Litmus. And the Bevis Frond. And various other bands. Okay, I do sometimes
give good reviews. But that's not the point :-) Yours,
                                                        Jon

ObCD: Porcupine Tree - _Coma Divine_
--
    Jonathan Jarrett    "There is scarce any tradition or popular error
    Birkbeck College     but stands also delivered by some good author."