NIK - Space Ritual '94)

Mon Aug 1 14:48:24 EDT 2005

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005, Stephe wrote:

> Hi Drill, The Space ritual from 94, was Nik Turner backed with Helios Creed
> and Farflung. Maybe even Del Dettmar. Can't remember without looking it up.

        Del seems to have been on only parts of the '94 tour, Simon House
overlapped with him at a few gigs and was at others where Del
wasn't. There's chunks of this live stuff available, most obviously on
_Space Ritual 1994_ on Cleopatra, but some more (two tracks and a storming
rehearsal take of `Shouldn't Do That' on a compilation called _Sonic
Attack 2001_ on Dossier; there's probably more on _Transglobal Friends and
Relations_, unless that's all from 95/96, when the band lacked Helios
Creed and Genesis P'Orridge but had Doran Shelley from Pressurehed and
Alan Powell as drummer number two.

> Don't know about a Sphynx video recording. I'd like to get my hands on it,
> if it exists. Anyone know about that? I've seen a shitload of ICU stuff
> floating around. I think they used to sell Bootlegs of there material at
> gigs. The Blood and Bone video is pretty good, but very short. 3 songs.
> There used to be free downloads off the ICU website. Not sure if its still
> up. Been years since I was there. Cheers Stephe

        Steve Pond had to take them MP3s off his site, sadly, but Dead
Fred has hosted them all anew on <http://www.deadfred.co.uk>. Steve seems
to have given up on the ICU ghost, which is a pity but he can hardly do it
by himself. Oh well, yours,
                            Jon

--
    Jonathan Jarrett    "There is scarce any tradition or popular error
    Birkbeck College     but stands also delivered by some good author."