OFF: Porcupine Tree "Deadwing" (was: Bavarian Planes)

Tue Aug 2 17:11:00 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Denis Regenbrecht wrote:

[Eurofighter]
> Though we're the second Fighter Wing that'll get the EF in Germany,
> we're the first to fly it operationally (the other Wing is just for
> training the pilots at the moment). Additionally we'll continue
> flying the old Phantoms until the EF is fully operational (at least
> 'til 2008), so everything will be very much fun in the next few
> years.... ;->

        You'll be the person to ask what I was wondering only the other
day: are the Luftwaffe still flying the MiG-29s they inherited from the
DDR, or did they get tactfully retired?

> [Porcupine Tree, "Deadwing"]

        <snip>

> To sum it up, I say that DW is varied and interesting album. It is
> not as accessible and more dark than IA, but the path of development
> can clearly be seen. Those who can't stand certain (prog-)metal
> devices won't like it, but everyone who liked IA,  won't be
> disappointed by DW IMHO. 8 out of 10 on my own D+R'o'meter

        Now that I like the sound of. Okay then, onto the next order it
will go :-) Yours,
                   Jon

--
    Jonathan Jarrett    "There is scarce any tradition or popular error
    Birkbeck College     but stands also delivered by some good author."