OFF: Porcupine Tree "Deadwing" (was: Bavarian Planes)

Wed Aug 3 07:26:27 EDT 2005

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005, Denis Regenbrecht wrote:
> On 02.08.2005, at 23:11, Jon Jarrett wrote:
> >         You'll be the person to ask what I was wondering only the
> > other day: are the Luftwaffe still flying the MiG-29s they inherited
> > from the DDR, or did they get tactfully retired?
> Nope, they were all sold to Poland (for a "symbolic price" of 1 €
> each IIRC) about two or three years ago. The old MiG-29 wing (Fighter
> Wing 73) is the first German Eurofighter-Wing by the way (they got
> their first EFs in April last year).

        I see, and thankyou for info. Leaves me wondering what they did
between the MiGs being sold and the EFs arriving. Back to the F-4s? Also,
it'll be interesting to see what the pilots who've flown both MiG and EF
think of the comparison...

        But! I may be getting off-topic. At least it's an on-topic air
force ;-)

[_Deadwing_]
> If you won't like it, please don't blame me ;-)

        Oh, don't worry, if I don't like it I'll blame Steven Wilson
:-) Yours,
           Jon

--
    Jonathan Jarrett    "There is scarce any tradition or popular error
    Birkbeck College     but stands also delivered by some good author."