NIK: Spaceritual , NOT QUO

Wed Aug 3 07:37:17 EDT 2005

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005, M Holmes wrote:

> Hasn't Nik always been more of an organiser and showman than a musician?
> It's always struck me that he works hard at festivals getting things
> organised and persuading people to play. He's clearly quite persuasive
> considering the sheer numbers of ex-Hawks he's persuaded out of
> retirement and the number of bands he's managed to guest with.

        I think he's an excellent manager, persuader and most of all knows
how to delegate. Certainly in getting people together on a stage only
Adrian Shaw rivals him, and possibly for the same reason; I've never heard
of anyone suggest that either man screwed their bandmates over to their
own advantage. (Though there is an Ade Shaw song on _Head Cleaner_ about
some prima donna band frontman which includes the line `A brainstorm's
your excuse for living', which has always made me wonder.) Yours,
                                                                  Jon

--
    Jonathan Jarrett    "There is scarce any tradition or popular error
    Birkbeck College     but stands also delivered by some good author."