OFF: Porcupine Tree "Deadwing" (was: Bavarian Planes)

Denis Regenbrecht denis at PTI-INC.DE
Wed Aug 3 10:14:51 EDT 2005

Hi,

On 03.08.2005, at 13:26, Jon Jarrett wrote:

>         I see, and thankyou for info. Leaves me wondering what they
> did
> between the MiGs being sold and the EFs arriving. Back to the F-4s?
> Also,
> it'll be interesting to see what the pilots who've flown both MiG
> and EF
> think of the comparison...

FW 73 was flying both the MiG-29 (Sqd. 731) and the F-4 (Sqd. 732),
the only German Fighter Wing flying two different types of aircraft.
The last F-4 flight was in March 2002; and although they already
started selling the MiGs to Poland in September 2003, it took until
August 2004 before the last MiG left Laage for good. So there was
even a small overlap between the arrival of the first EF and the fly-
out of the last MiG.

> But! I may be getting off-topic. At least it's an on-topic air
> force ;-)

Here in Neuburg we still have a few civilian aircraft-mechanics who
already had worked on the Starfighter.

(c)IAO
                     D+R
np: Richard Pinhas, "Chronolyse"