Hawkwind SOTA @ HMV

Pete J Howe sunboxhouse at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 4 06:07:43 EDT 2005

Good points Jon!
    i was just thinking of what people consider truly classic, or
influential albums(O.K. Computer, Dark Side of the moon, Led
ZepIV,Revolver,Joshua Tree,Nevermind,etc... even Songs for Swinging
Lovers! etc...)this is the music that will remain important and sell buy
the bucketload..(oh , and of course Space Ritual,W.O.T.E.O.T, and
Q.S.&C !!)Some of these bands had massive singles, too, but influential
bands /albums are  far more important in musical history than 90% singles
chart tosh...of course, the list could go on..(Joy Division,Bob Marley,
The Smiths,Miles Davis,Sex Pistols...)
   Hey, on a lighter note I see the Hawkwind single is still at  no 1,
ahead of Oasis in pre order sales!Whatever one thinks of Matthew Wright,(
and i think hes great for the band...not sure about his pal Vanessa!) he
must be a massive help to the sale of the single.If you check out the
Wright Stuff Fan Club theres a lot of info, pictures and promotion on the
hawkwind single!
         regards
              pete
  "high up above, aliens  hover making home movies for the folks back
home....they'd take me aboard their beautiful ship,show me the world as id
like  to see it".