HW: Promo Single

Mike Montfort mikemont at NYCAP.RR.COM
Sun Aug 14 14:32:27 EDT 2005

Well that's different then innit?

I perhaps should have looked at the page more carefully to see that
information on it.

I assume that it was billed as a fundraising auction.

Anyway all in a good cause for sure

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET] On
Behalf Of Colin Allen
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2005 1:59 PM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: HW: Promo Single

I am sure that all of you will remember that, while we were all enjoying our
mid-Winter festivities, many parts of the countries bordering the Indian
Ocean were laid waste by a tsunami of enormous proportions.  As a result of
this, a close friend of mine, who is Sri Lankan, lost most of her family.
Consequently, we converted a gig that we were putting on in Exeter (Ozric
Teantacles and Litmus) into a benefit gig for the tsunami relief charities.
As a result of the generosity of the Ozrics (thanks Brandi:) ), Litmus (who
gave back half of their fee), the venue, FSOE and, particularly, the
audience, we raised a reasonable sum.

The same friend has now been back to Sri Lanka several times and now wants
to take a one year sabbatical to help with the reconstruction effort and the
care of the many orphans.  Her employers have agreed to this but are unable
or unwilling to pay her for they year.  Consequently, a group of us are
trying to raise enough money to enable her to live in Sri Lanka for a year
and pay for her UK mortgage etc.  Consequently, when the promo CD arrived
and had been listened to, we decided to sell it on E-Bay to aid this effort.

While the subsequent outrage on the part of one or two individuals has made
an interesting psychological study, it is now time to bring it to an end.

To those who were outraged, perhaps you will not be so quick to rush to
judgement in future;).

Hopefully, this will end what Keef accurately described on the Yahoo list as
a thread that has become boring.

Colin