HW: Promo Single - a Kollector speaks

Jill Strobridge jill.strobridge at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK
Sun Aug 14 21:16:50 EDT 2005

Interesting.   This may not apply to everyone (or indeed anyone
else at all) but speaking personally as a Kollector I have to admit
that paying money for something I subsequently discovered was
freely available elsewhere would leave me just a tad annoyed -
certainly feeling I had been duped into paying for something when I
need not have done so - even if it turned out the money had gone to
a Good Cause.

I may just be naive but I have to assume the people I buy things
from are giving me full information about the items I am buying.
For me it is a question of honesty - I trust the people I am buying
from are not concealing information that would affect my desire to
purchase and in return I am willing to pay as much money as it
takes to fulfil that desire.

I suppose the Kollectors warning CAVEAT EMPTOR should perhaps (like
an entry into Purgatory) be spread across the Ebay home page in
brilliant flashing colours as a constant reminder but the occasions
(not on Ebay but through other sources) where I later discovered I
was conned either in an item or in the purchase price has prevented
me ever making further purchases from the sellers concerned.    Not
that this makes any difference in the grand scheme of things but,
basically, if I trust someone with my money I expect an honest
return.

jill