Richard Allinson - Radio 2 - Weekday afternoons

Dave Law dplaw at IC24.NET
Mon Aug 15 15:40:32 EDT 2005

People might be interested to know that Richard Allinson is standing in for
the frankly insipid and talentless "Steve Wright in the afternoon" and seems
far more clued up on decent music, take this afternoon for example, not only
was his featured album, Led Zeppelin 4 but he managed to play three tracks
none of which was "Stairway To Heaven", he also has another feature called
"The Long Track" which speaks for itself, basic criteria - A long song
that's rarely heard on Radio, today was Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb"
(Live 8 didn't do them any harm!)

but anyway it got me thinking - Spirit Of The Age is both long at over 6
minutes and rarely played on radio - so should we not request it?

mention something along the lines of "how about Hawkwind's SOTA, they've got
a new version coming out featuring Radio 2's Matthew Wright, fans trying to
get it in the charts etc etc!!"

the show (Steve wright's) can be contacted from this link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/wright/contact.shtml

but according to Mr Allinson his e-mail is -

richard at bbc.co.uk

I'd suggest cut and pasting a copy to both addresses just to make sure we
get them read

also remember that Radio 2 can be contacted by text at -  88291

although I'd only recommend this form of communication whilst the show is on
air, which incidentally is between 14.00 - 17.00 UK time

what harm is this going to do and it'll take next to no time and remember
overseas members can also get involved as you can listen online.

anyway as I've previously mentioned it'd be really helpful if you could let
me know that you've sent off an e-mail so feel free to let me know via this
list or alternatively at - davelaw at blueyonder.co.uk

thanks again for your time and support (and apologies to those who've
already read this post at other such lists!)

regards

Dave