was HW: Promo..blah blah blah - now back to music!!!!

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Tue Aug 16 22:21:10 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 21:39 -0400, Stephe wrote:
> Blah, blah, blah. I have something to donate, but its not apropriate to
> announce. Argh!! Why not help the Homeless and hungry in our homelands? I
> don't get the need to help Asia and Africa, when I see the folks in my own
> area starving and need of shelter. Most of that money doesn't even reach the
> needy.

In this case, isn't Colin raising money for a specific individual to
spend time on sabbatical helping out in Sri Lanka?  It would seem in
this instance he knows exactly where his donation is going.

As for the "why don't you help charities closer to home," question, I'd
say each person was entitled to decide which charity he or she deemed
most worthy of donation of his or her time or money.  Some causes are
closer to the heart than others, and hence subjectively more important.

Cheers,

Paul.
e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa