HW: Promo Single (on E-Bay)

Dave Bottomley merlinas at BTCONNECT.COM
Wed Aug 17 05:05:04 EDT 2005

Paul asked:

> Just out of interest, will anyone who has this post a track listing and
> perhaps comment on it, for those of us who don't have the disc?  Is it
> any good?

Well, there's just one 27 minute track - an interview with Dave Brock
interspersed with extracts from the new album. These are:

Spirit of the Age
Spirit of the Age (another bit)
Greenback Massacre
Take Me To Your Leader
Sun Ray
Angela Android
Digital Nation
A Letter To Robert

Each extract about a minute long, I guess.

Is it good? The interview is a fairly typical Dave Brock interview - much of
it chatting about the album and the tracks being previewed. The clips are
largely different extracts to the ones made available on Mission Control a
while back. And, imho, I think the album sounds very, very promising & could
well be the best for a very long time. I can't see many people playing this
promo cd very often - certainly once the album is out - but it's a great
taster to keep those of us fortunate to have a copy going over the next 3 or
4 weeks until the real thing arrives.

At the very end, we're told that the full interview will be available on the
Voiceprint website, but this isn't yet there (as of yesterday, anyway),
although another Hawkwind feature - including an interview with Simon
House - is.

Hope this helps.

Dave