What's up?

Keith Henderson khenders64 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Aug 24 11:30:27 EDT 2005

Hey Jerry...

Sorry I've been so silent so long.  I've been meaning to write one of these days, but keep forgetting to do so.

So...unfortunately, the timing of the Sonic Rock event, which I decided I couldn't pass up, didn't allow me to come back to the US to go to ProgDay.  That's a big bummer, 'cause Peter & Co. have a great lineup this year, with Nektar, Spacious Mind, and Happy the Man.  I hope you have a great time there, and the weather obliges!

I'll be flying back to Columbus then on Sept. 13th from Amsterdam, which means I'll have to take a ferry across the channel from England after Sonic Rock.  But it was much cheaper from there than from London for some reason.  I'll be staying in the US until at least October 20th, unless something strange happens.  I'm now applying for a new job in Innsbruck and I'm very hopeful about that, but I can't be sure of what I'll be doing thereafter for another few weeks at least.

I saw both Circle and Korai Orom at the Klangbad II festival in so. Germany, which was really excellent.  Jussi & Co. are touring the US in September he tells me, and it may be that they are playing in Pittsburgh on the 15th (that's the date he seemed to remember, but I don't think he was absolutely sure).  I was wondering if maybe you'd be interested in going over for the show.  That's a Thursday I see, so not ideal (hopefully, it'll turn out to be Friday).  I'm sure my brother could put us up for the night just west of the city.  I also see Porcupine Tree and Harvey/Spaceseed doing shows in Cleveland early in October, and only two days apart.  So I'm thinking about those shows too.  But I don't have a car, nor a driver's license at the moment, so I'm not sure how mobile I'll be.  Hopefully, they'll issue me a renewal to my license without actually having a home address.  I also don't know where I'll be staying for that whole time (at least the part I'm in Columbus)...my friend from
 OSU will be in Minnesota for the first four days I'm in town (13-17), so I wondered if it might be possible to spend a day or two crashed out in your place.  If you've got plans/company/no space, that's cool.  I've managed just fine as a homeless person for four months, I think I can manage even in the states.  :)

Ciao...hope all's well with you and Deb.

See you soon...Keith