HW SOTA and Amazon

Michael Crook m.j.crook at TALK21.COM
Tue Aug 30 15:09:43 EDT 2005

I don't know - I just had a look at the "Hot 100 CD
Singles - The CD singles that Amazon.co.uk customers
couldn't live without in the last 24 hours. Updated
hourly" page and CD1 was at 28 and CD2 was 43 with the
comment  - usually dispatched in 2-3 days whereas many
have within 24hrs.
Personally I reckon most people just want to walk into
a store and pick up a single - If I hear something I
like on the radio (very rare!) I check out the store
rather than order on line.
Being positive after all the hard work Dave's put into
chart trek - what happens if the single makes the top
20 (alright then top 10!) in the uk? All the stores I
know in the UK from HMV to Woolies have the all the
top 40 on display - I sure hope there isn't a big hole
on the shelf where Spirit of the Age should be!!

Mick