HW SOTA and Amazon

Dave Law dplaw at IC24.NET
Tue Aug 30 15:38:22 EDT 2005

well thanks firstly for your kind words Mick

i think it's fair to say that this has been a huge learning curve for all
concerned.

i myself have no experience of putting together such a campaign, Voiceprint
are not a singles label and Hawkwind are not exactly standard pop fodder but
between us i don't think we've done too bad a job.

i really hope that this Amazon thing dosen't scupper the whole thing but if
there is problems then we need to try to learn from them.

also one of the problems these days is that whilst there is still a
definative chart, the one that's broadcast on Radio 1 on a Sunday afternoon
i think you'll find that a lot of stores such as woolworths have their "own"
which would probably choose to exclude Hawkwind as they don't fit into the
particualr "demograph" that the companies looking for! (sarcastic head on at
the moment)

if i find out anything further i will of course pass it on but i think all
we can do is just sit tight for now

regards

Dave