[Hawkwind] Right To Decide - here we go again

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Sun Dec 4 12:52:39 EST 2005

On Sun, 2005-12-04 at 08:37 -0500, Dave Law wrote:
> hi all
>
> as the subject line say "you should know by now" it's Sunday afternoon so
> that means only one the, the previous weeks vote has closed the new one is
> open minus the losing song so all you have to do is click on
> http://www.hawkwindmuseum.co.uk/song%20vote.htm
>
> and choose your favorite from the 5 remaining songs!

Can we have a write-in candidate?

Based on what I'm listening to now, I'd love to hear the lads do the
Bevis Frond's "Your Little Point" or "Am I Burning?"  Those are nice and
short, so shouldn't be too taxing to learn (though they might need the
presence of a guest on stage to handle the dual solo work).  However, if
they're prepared to put in a little effort and try something longer, I'd
welcome a chance to hear the likes of "Heritage Coast," "Tangerine
Infringement Beak," or even something Hawkwind related like "Ice Plug"
or "Deep Space Divers."

Alternatively, in the spirit of _Take Me To Your Leader_, they could
always have Arthur Brown come up on stage and improvise a Bob Calvert
anecdote themed version of "The Pips..." ;-)

In a Frondian Daze,

Paul.
e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa