[Hawkwind] Right To Decide - here we go again

Dave Law davelaw at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK
Sun Dec 4 13:12:26 EST 2005

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 12:52:39 -0500, Paul Mather <paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU> wrote:

>On Sun, 2005-12-04 at 08:37 -0500, Dave Law wrote:
>> hi all
>>
>> as the subject line say "you should know by now" it's Sunday afternoon so
>> that means only one the, the previous weeks vote has closed the new one is
>> open minus the losing song so all you have to do is click on
>> http://www.hawkwindmuseum.co.uk/song%20vote.htm
>>
>> and choose your favorite from the 5 remaining songs!
>
>Can we have a write-in candidate?
>
>Based on what I'm listening to now, I'd love to hear the lads do the
>Bevis Frond's "Your Little Point" or "Am I Burning?"  Those are nice and
>short, so shouldn't be too taxing to learn (though they might need the
>presence of a guest on stage to handle the dual solo work).  However, if
>they're prepared to put in a little effort and try something longer, I'd
>welcome a chance to hear the likes of "Heritage Coast," "Tangerine
>Infringement Beak," or even something Hawkwind related like "Ice Plug"
>or "Deep Space Divers."
>
>Alternatively, in the spirit of _Take Me To Your Leader_, they could
>always have Arthur Brown come up on stage and improvise a Bob Calvert
>anecdote themed version of "The Pips..." ;-)
>
>In a Frondian Daze,
>
>Paul.
>--
>e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu
>
>"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production
> deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid."
>        --- Frank Vincent Zappa

I guess the band need to see how successful this venture is before we start
thinking about another one.

at this point i think we should just be grateful that the band have agreed
to get involved in the current vote and whatever song comes out as the
winner i'm sure we're in for a treat.

cheers

dave