[OFF] Re: We had to destroy the industry to save it

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Sat Dec 10 05:23:02 EST 2005

The problem here is the industry (or elements in the industry)
blindly charging off to shut down free tab/lyrics sites without
offering an viable alternative.  I mean, this is exactly what
happened with digital downloads!  Clearly people will pay a few cents
to download a decent quality song fast and easy from iTunes.  Lots of
people would probably pay a few cents to download an accurate and
legal tablature/sheet music file of a song they wanted to learn to
play.  But there's not a good clear model in place for this.  There
oughta be an "iTab Music Store" set up and running before anyone
clears away "Tabster" or it'll just create ill-will towards "the
industry suits who just don't get it" ... again ;)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson