HW: DOOM Novelisation

Wed Dec 14 12:45:00 EST 2005

On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 06:30:48PM -0600, Rich Warren typed out:
> Interestingly we discovered that John Shirley, the author of the DOOM
> movie novelisation starts the book with a verse of Lyrics from 'The
> Right Stuff', only quoted as being by MONSTER MAGNET.
>
> Arin dropped him email to point out that they were not the originators ;-)
>
> Strangely looking at the other novelisation we have by Mr Shirley
> (Constantine), he has some Blue Oyster Cult lyrics at the start of the book.

        That at least is probably more explicable, as he was the major
lyricist for the last two BOC albums, though whether his stuff was good or
not is another debate; I think that whatever equality it had was rather
lost in the editing process. What writing of his I've seen has been good
but I'm not sure I'd go for a whole novel of it. Yours,
                                                        Jon

ObCD: Hawkwind - _Love in Space_
--
        Jonathan Jarrett                Birkbeck College, London
                 jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk