[Hawkwind] Right To Decide (don't read if you don't want to know the set list!)

Dave Law davelaw at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK
Sat Dec 17 19:27:19 EST 2005

Hi all

just a quick point of clarification that the band have requested that i make.

it's no secret what set list the band are playing on this current bunch of
dates and you'll notice that  the Right to decide songs are very well
represented, especially the 4 finalists.

the simple fact was that the final result was so close it could literally
have gone one of four ways, the final percentages were

Lord Of Light - 28%
Psi Power - 25%
Upside Down - 24%
7x7 - 23%

If you'd have asked me a week ago I'd have said Lord Of Light Would have won
it by a mile but as more and more new voters came on board the songs lead
diminished and in the final week was knocked off the top spot more than once.

I was in constant touch with the band in the final week of voting, updating
them on the poll and we realised that this was far from a forgone conclusion
and in lieu of this and as a special gesture to you, the fans, Hawkwind
decided that all 4 finalists would get an airing.

over the course of voting we had 1000's of votes but the fact is that these
4 songs performed well week in week out and i for one think this is the best
outcome possible.

thanks for reading, I'll be at Dudley and London next week and hope to meet
up with plenty of you folks.

till then, take care

regards

Dave