HW: TMTYL lyrics...Recent gigs

Alan Taylor alan.taylor96 at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK
Tue Dec 20 14:52:24 EST 2005

Hi Keith,

Pretty good go at the Digital Nation ones.  Hey, I haven't counted but
they must be 95% correct.  The lyrics for Digital Nation actually ended
up in the booklet for the Dark Peak label digipak issue so with a few
little tweaks, they are:

(p.s the lyrics for TMTYL or Sighs aren't in the booklet, but Sunray
ones are)

  I'm the major player in this wicked God sim
  Late at night I type the crack
  and the programme lets me in
  I've met so many friends there
  on this groovy secret level
  where it's full on artificial intelligence heaven

  I go in there for days man
  there's always something new
  I control so many destinies
  I know just what to do
  My harddrive is acquainted
  to an intimate degree
  with all the sentient lifeforms
  in virtual reality

  You start off with a map
  that shows the layout
  of the land
  Zoom in with a microscope
  to where the city stands
  Click upon the street plan
  and suddenly your (sic) there
  Shops full of collector's items
  you've got creds to spare

  So I'm online in the tavern,
  as the evening drifts away
  I know everybody in there
  I know what they're going to say
  So it comes as a surprise to me
  when she walks through the door
  Sits down at my table
  lays her gun upon the floor

  She asks me if I'll join her
  in her quest to save the world
  Restore the planet's harmony
  and maybe win the girl
  We'd frag the alien lizard man
  who rules with iron hand
  Storming their headquarters
  for a hero's last stand

  She fixed me with her green-eyed
  pixelated piercing stare
  I saw whirling pools of mystery
  and fractal patterns there
  Endless possibilities of binary equations
  Living here forever with the digital nation