HW: Astoria gig review

Thu Dec 29 15:30:06 EST 2005

On Sat, Dec 24, 2005 at 05:56:26AM -0800, Keith Henderson typed out:
>   Yeah, and I listened again at the end for the additional verse, compared to what's on the CD, and I don't think I'm imagining it.  I can't remember the first three lines at all, but it's the one that ends up...
>
>   "Here we go...here we go, again"
>
>   Can anybody transcribe the rest of the final verse from any one of the live versions (Xmas '04 single or whatever) to put in with the other lyrics?
>
>   I assume it's not on the album 'cause they have Lydia Lunch reprising one of the earlier stanzas in her, uh, unique style.  Actually, I rather like it, as it fits the theme of the song pretty darn well.  Is this her normal singing style?  What's her music like?

        That verse is on the album, actually, it's the second part of what
Lene Lovich (N. B. confusing her with Lydia Lunch may get you into quite
the wrong sort of gigs, though I'm not sure which way round would be more
distressing) squeaks in the studio version, or at least it ends up like
that. Yours,
             Jon

--
        Jonathan Jarrett                Birkbeck College, London
                 jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk