Space Ritual efforts

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Thu Dec 29 18:58:00 EST 2005

On 16 Dec 2005, at 23:35, Jade man wrote:
> For the past 6 months and actually much longer I have been devoting my
> efforts to creating a tribute to the loose, heavy, spacey sound of
> Space
> Ritual. Its all recorded live and no post mixing. I wondered if
> anyone had
> any comments/advice/feedback to offer?

I finally got a chance to listen to this, and it's pretty cool.  I've
heard much worse Hawkwind covers :)   How did you record it live?
Are there actually like 4 or 5 of you?  Reveal your secrets!

I like how the synths came out -- I've a ways to go getting good
swooshy sounds!  I think sometimes you went a bit heavy on the echo
for the vocals (or is it un-spacerock for me to think so? :) But hey,
pretty cool :)  I agree that Lord of Light particularly stands out;
the basic drums/bass/guitar foundation seems to gel there better than
in, say, MotU.

I started programming up drums for Lord of Light and MotU a couple of
months back, but never finished 'em off (see? the dangers of
computers and backing tracks! ;)

Cheers,
Carl

--