space rites

Jade man chrisow at SHAW.CA
Fri Dec 30 13:47:25 EST 2005

Hej Carl,
Thanks for the reply.
Have to agree with much of what you said. I am having second thoughts on
the vocal echoes, perhaps using it on two speaking tracks and one song is
enough. I may re-record it all again. I actually did it all again about 24
hours after I posted here so I dont know which version you downloaded. I
play the whole thing live, recording everything and hoping for some
spontaniety which if it works gets fed back in next time. I also agree
with your comments on MotU. I believe I can get away with Dave Brocks
heavy riffs, but I still cant get very far with Huw's Lead, especially
when I have to stop rhythm to play lead! Yes I am and always have been a
solo player who would like to find others into this kind of music, not
easy out here with all this cuntry music. I am producing about 10 CD
copies of this music intended as my creative contribution to posterity
lol. I will be putting the artwork up on the webpage later today
hopefully. My intention was always to recreate the Space Ritual sound and
then when I find it produce my own material! Time is my enemy. I get about
5 days a year to work on all this and I am 44 last time I checked!

Mike Burro, sorry to hear about the personal problems, been there, done
that, shit happens. Hopefully no kids involved otherwise it really sucks
to hell. Only advice, be as hard as nails, do whats right, stay away from
lawyers, and get on with making a better future. Sounds easy put like
that, but I know it aint and it takes about 4 years, bit like bereavement.
Anyway hope things work out for you.

Happy new year to the Wind Nation of worldwide Hawkwind fans!
Chris