Off: Theramin

Wed Feb 2 10:36:20 EST 2005

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Maxine Wesley wrote:

> I thought theramin was a drug .... until i chanced across a band at the
> local pub - a wailing, japanese, female synth player accompanied by a
> chap on the theramin - unfortuntely the combination had many of us
> (and we are hard core music fans) diving for the 'quieter' end of the
> pub. However I can definitely see the potential for space rock - just
> need someone to master the thing, something I have yet to witness.

        Alison Goldfrapp?

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/entertainment/music/livereviews/s/87/87408_goldfrapp__men_arena.html

        An inevitable comparison given the original link I fear. Am I
posting about this too much? Perhaps... Yours,
                                                Jon

ObMP3: ICU - `Metal'
--
                Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College, London
    jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk/ejarr01 at students.bbk.ac.uk
  "As much as the vision of the blind man improves with the rising sun,
       So too does the intelligence of the fool after good advice."
       (Bishop Theodulf of Orleans, late-eight/early-ninth century)