Off Topic: Drum Machines

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Fri Feb 18 04:44:48 EST 2005

On 15-Feb-2005 05:55, E F wrote:
> Picked up an Alesis SR-16 drum machine at a flea market and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what to play it through.
> It sounds good with headphones, but what kind of an amp is best?
> I was thinking a keyboard amp, or do they make a drum machine amp?

Keyboard amps are pretty flat, sonically speaking, and therefore
probably good for amping a drum machine.  I would think a little bass
amp would also probably do the job (and perhaps be easier to find in a
small, cheap version!).

Speaking of drum machines, I've been trying to crash teach myself
something about rock'n'roll drumming (and percussion in general) for the
purposes of programming drums (if there are any other OS X users out
there, check out the DoggieBox drum machine app -- it's excellent :)  Do
we have any drummers here (I mean, I know we have Al, for one, but I
mean, do we have more? :)  I'm looking for tips to "real-up" those fills
and such, get that perfect blanga beat, figure out how to imitate double
kick drum stuff ...  I've bought myself a few drumming books and been
listening carefully but, you know, there's always more to help you learn!

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson