Gov't Mule European tour

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Fri Feb 18 21:27:23 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-18 at 09:50 +0000, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:

> On 12-Feb-2005 17:46, Paul Mather wrote:
> > Was anyone taping?  (Do the Brain Surgeons allow taping?)
>
> Dunno!  But no one was taping as far as I know -- the taping thing still
> seems to be pretty unknown in Britain, and a lot of artists I've seen
> still regard it as a way to lose revenue to bootleggers instead of as a
> marketing tool to suck in unsuspecting new fans via free live stuff ;)

Speaking of bands that allow taping, Gov't Mule are to embark on their
first ever European tour in April (okay, technically it kicks off at the
end of March:).  Taking a cue from the trailblazing Brain Surgeons, :-)
they will be playing shows in several European countries, including a
show in London.  Some shows are already on sale, so if you want to see
them, be sure to jump on the tickets.  The Hamburg show quickly sold
out, necessitating a move to a larger venue, which bodes well for the
band.  (Hopefully, if the tour is successful, they'll come back for
another!)

Here are the dates from www.mule.net (which also contains links to buy
tickets):

Thur 3/31     Aqualung         Madrid, Spain
Fri 4/1       Azkena           Vitoria, Spain
Sat 4/2       Apolo            Barcelona, Spain
Mon 4/4       Alcatraz         Milan, Italy
Wed 4/6       La Boule Noire   Paris, France
Thur 4/7      Mean Fiddler     London, England
Fri 4/8       Milkweg          Amsterdam, Netherlands
Sun 4/10      Grosse Freiheit  Hamburg, Germany

Cheers,

Paul.
e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa