BOC: EricBloom.net

Tony tony.orourke at TALK21.COM
Sat Feb 19 20:20:59 EST 2005

At least with the Buck Dharma site, you paid $150 but you got the wonderful
4 disc Archive, a t-shirt, a signed photo made out however you want, a
laminated VIP pass and access to the Subscriber Area 51 of his site
including the Area 51 message board.  This is worth the money alone - lots
of great pics and stories, as well as guitar tutorials from the man himself.
I haven't paid the $50 for the EB.net site as everything I've heard points
to this not being good value.  EB does come and chat on the site from time
to time and you do get advance info on gigs and stuff.  Still, I wait for
others to tell me what's happening.
Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET] On
Behalf Of Brad Dahl
Sent: 20 February 2005 00:45
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: BOC: EricBloom.net

> Well, the site says that, for joining, you get a t-shirt with the site
> logo,

That's probably worth $20.00 (I haven't seen the site logo though)

> a 4"x5" (I think) signed photo of Eric

Full body shot, signed "Love to you"? : )

> plus a cheapy keyring/flashlight

wow.

> pen, both with the logo.

Now if it was one of those pens where it had a picture of him and when you
turned it upside down, his clothes came off.  'nuff said, eh?

> As a member you get 'personal e-mail contact' (rough quote there) with
> Eric

A license to stalk!

> 'exclusive news,'

Like, what Eric ate for lunch today?

> Kind of not bad, but still, is it worth $50?

Sorry about being such a smartass, but I'm with you.  Intriguing, but hey,
I got a wife, kid and dog to feed.  I don't blame Eric for trying to make
a buck though.  I'll keep buying the CD's, DVD's and paying to see the
shows when they come to town. I'd even by a shirt if it was really cool.
I'll buy more remastered CD's if they do them.  If they put out some
decent boots, I'd buy them.  No doubt I've gotten more than my moneys
worth from the band.

I love these guys, but I'm cheap.

Brad